Okay since I never posted about it and that last post reminded me of it, here’s some parallels between Ego and Thanos:
- A father figure with conditional love. If Gamora wasn’t stronger than Nebula and lost against her as children, she would’ve been the neglected, torn apart daughter while her sister was Thanos’s favorite and praised. If Quill hadn’t been able to control his connection to the Light, he would’ve been killed off for being useless like most of his half siblings before him and left to rot.
Also on that note can we talk about how the only reason Quill could hold the connection was not genetics, but the fact he was an adult and able to better control himself than a literal child- if Yondu dropped him off at 8 years old he probably would’ve been killed as well-
- Both Thanos and Ego are destructive, powerful beings. Even if Ego’s Expansion plan was more selfish, one wanted to cover possible billions of planets in his own being, and the other wanted to control life and death by wiping out half of the universe’s occupants instead of a better alternative of doubling the resources.
- Both have killed women they were supposed to love. Ego put a tumor in Meredith’s head that probably made her last years alive hell, just so he wouldn’t be tempted to return to Earth to see her, despite only visiting her a few times. Thanos uses his favorite daughter as a sacrifice for the Soul Stone, denying her wish to die of her own hand and instead throwing her into a painful death on Vormir.
- Also on that note, both used their Children for what would suit them best. Thanos tortured Nebula by tearing her apart to make Gamora tell him where the Soul Stone was, and then sacrificed her for it. Ego wanted to use Quill’s connection to the Light to help with his Expansion, and when he fought back against it, was content to punish Quill by draining him as a battery.
- I’d also like to point out the fact that part of why Quill attacks Thanos “too soon” in Infinity War is the fact that he’s very much reliving his time with Ego in that moment. The big baddie has just confessed to killing a women he loved (his girlfriend instead of his mother) and how he Had to do it for some reason. And we all saw how fast Quill is to attack when this happens, shooting his own father to pieces and trying to bash in Thanos’s head in anger.
So anyways yeah Thanos and Ego are scarily similar and this is why I don’t blame Quill for how he reacted in IW
T’Challa and Killmonger in “What If… Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?”
I know episode 2 was (rightly) dedicated to Chadwick Boseman, but this one I thought served as a better tribute overall to him and his Black Panther.
I have so many questions about the Steve Rogers musical. Did Bucky and Sam know about this? Did they find out from a billboard in Times Square? Is there a song called ‘til the end of the line? Does Bucky have a solo? Does Sam have a solo? I need answers. I need to see a conversation between Bucky and Sam about this immediately.
hey marvel, im gonna need a What If where these two work at competing ice cream shops across the street from each other and develop a friendly rivalry. just saying!!!
Wait, Leslie Bibb was in the opening credits, so is that…? Yes! It’s the other Christine of the MCU, Christine Everhart.
Who I always very much liked as a character, as it is her who refuses to take Tony’s bullshit and informs him about Gulmira in the first Iron Man film, thus indirectly saving a lot of lives. Not that you would know from the movie that she’s competent and important, since it defaults to immediately slutshaming her.
GOD LOVES YOU❤️
THANKS GOD 😭😭😭 THIS THE BEST WHAT IF EPISODE
BETTY ROSS FINALLY!
It’s here! I wonder if the leak forced Disney’s hand.
I’ve wondered ever since Molina was announced to be appearing, how the hell are they gonna pull off this multiverse stuff considering he’s meant to be dead in his own universe. That’s not even getting started on the Goblin laugh and pumpkin bomb in there. My kind-of hope is that all the multiverse characters (including TobeySpidey and AndrewSpidey if they do appear) are quick cameos, but that probably won’t be the case. I just don’t want Disney messing with my beloved Raimiverse. :/
Doctor Strange performing a dangerous spell and messing with the multiverse seems rather out of character for him (well, the sufficiently character-developed him) but I’ll wait to see that in context I guess.
Leaked footage from Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
I spent 7 hours on this Community meme, please laugh.