Welcome to the MCU, Adam Warlock!
guardians of the galaxy
Starnovamora parallels from Guardians of the Galaxy #6 and #18
No idea what’s happening in this or indeed ANY comics, but delighted to see Peter Quill is still bisexualling it up
Okay since I never posted about it and that last post reminded me of it, here’s some parallels between Ego and Thanos:
- A father figure with conditional love. If Gamora wasn’t stronger than Nebula and lost against her as children, she would’ve been the neglected, torn apart daughter while her sister was Thanos’s favorite and praised. If Quill hadn’t been able to control his connection to the Light, he would’ve been killed off for being useless like most of his half siblings before him and left to rot.
Also on that note can we talk about how the only reason Quill could hold the connection was not genetics, but the fact he was an adult and able to better control himself than a literal child- if Yondu dropped him off at 8 years old he probably would’ve been killed as well-
- Both Thanos and Ego are destructive, powerful beings. Even if Ego’s Expansion plan was more selfish, one wanted to cover possible billions of planets in his own being, and the other wanted to control life and death by wiping out half of the universe’s occupants instead of a better alternative of doubling the resources.
- Both have killed women they were supposed to love. Ego put a tumor in Meredith’s head that probably made her last years alive hell, just so he wouldn’t be tempted to return to Earth to see her, despite only visiting her a few times. Thanos uses his favorite daughter as a sacrifice for the Soul Stone, denying her wish to die of her own hand and instead throwing her into a painful death on Vormir.
- Also on that note, both used their Children for what would suit them best. Thanos tortured Nebula by tearing her apart to make Gamora tell him where the Soul Stone was, and then sacrificed her for it. Ego wanted to use Quill’s connection to the Light to help with his Expansion, and when he fought back against it, was content to punish Quill by draining him as a battery.
- I’d also like to point out the fact that part of why Quill attacks Thanos “too soon” in Infinity War is the fact that he’s very much reliving his time with Ego in that moment. The big baddie has just confessed to killing a women he loved (his girlfriend instead of his mother) and how he Had to do it for some reason. And we all saw how fast Quill is to attack when this happens, shooting his own father to pieces and trying to bash in Thanos’s head in anger.
So anyways yeah Thanos and Ego are scarily similar and this is why I don’t blame Quill for how he reacted in IW
Marvel’s What If
SO much Marvel stuff going on the moment but okay, you guys have my attention. Interested in the Killmonger, Queen Ramonda and Yondu-T’Challa stuff going on here. And of course anything involving the Guardians and weird stuff in space. I thought I saw Ego in there, ooh. And also what I think was Scarlet Witch turning into an unstoppable glowy thing? I love unstoppable glowy things!
It’s SO NICE to see Yondu in full murdermode again, since obviously he won’t be in GOTG 3!
The poster also came out and I hope Gamora’s presence on it means they have something big planned for her.
#The MCU breaking my heart
thor: love and thunder set pics
The Daily Mail posted a bunch of them, but I don’t want anyone to have to go to the Daily Mail site (FUCK no) so I grabbed a few to post here. The better option, I promise.
Whatcha wearing there, Thor?
Hating Chris Pratt as a person but loving Star-Lord is really hard, it suuuuucks.
NEB U LA
KRAGLIN! Is it weird that I’m almost more exited to see him than any of the other GOTG, since he sat out Infinity War and all? I wasn’t expecting him to even be in this movie! I have no idea what role he’ll play here but I hope it’s something big.
Peter Quill / Star-Lord + bi flag colors
star-lord is bi!
In the comics at least. Oh, I’m under no illusion that this’ll make it into the movies but I can cling on to a fool’s hope I suppose. Currently Twitter is laughing that Chris Pratt, who attends an anti-LGBT church it turns out, has actually been playing a bisexual character for years.
I spent so long liking Chris Pratt it was a terrible blow when he turned out to be a dickhead. But I will always love Peter Quill, who would NEVER attend an anti-LGBT church, NEVER vote for Trump in a million years and now is canonically bi and polyamorous! Which frankly makes a lot more sense for his character than being straight does. Sorry, or alternatively “suck it,” Chris.
the new disney announcements
…Or that’s how it felt? Like my first thoughts weren’t “Wow a load of new toys!” but “How the hell am I meant to find time to watch THAT MUCH STUFF, especially if I want to keep up with the basic MCU story?” I’m getting old.
That being said…
- Marvel’s What If looks pretty good. It’ll be nice to see Yondu again.
- The I Am Groot shorts and the GOTG Holiday Special excite me, but since the Special is coming out in 2022 I guess that’s confirmation we won’t see GOTG 3 until 2023 at least. Also, how on Earth are they going to do it without Gamora, who is still AWOL in-canon? :/
- I guess the third MCU Spider-Man really will be a multiverse and I don’t know how to feel about that.
- Fantastic Four? In this economy?
- omg Xochitl Gomez (Dawn from The Babysitters Club) is playing America Chavez! I’m super unfamiliar with the character but she’s such a good young actress, I’m so happy for her!
- Oh a Buzz Lightyear thing! I guess that means Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (I used to love that show as a kid) isn’t canon anymore? That’s a shame. I am pettily delighted that Chris Evans has basically taken over from all-round asshole Tim Allen though.
- Honestly the news that T’Challa won’t be recast is kind of really saddening, to me at least. That means he as a character is dead in-universe, after cheating death a couple of times already. He was a great character even without the superheroics and now he’s just gone. I get it but man, how absolutely crushing.
- Oh wow a Tiana/Princess and the Frog show! Wow finally Disney are paying attention to her. It only took what, ten years after the movie?
- Obviously Hayden Christensen back as Anakin is the big exciting news!! for me, but the other Star Wars stuff looks good too. It’ll be nice to have a Lando show. (I was kind of hoping it’d be Old Lando looking for his daughter rather than Young Lando though.)
- I wonder if they can sneak Hayden into the new Ahsoka show as well.
Note that all these announcements happened around 1am my time.