the last man on earth + onion headlines
last man on earth
I really love the TLMOE costume department for so many reasons, but one of them is this: Tandy’s t-shirts occasionally hint at the plot/resolution of the episode! (this is something I’ve completely failed so far to successfully gif, so you get this long post instead.)
Tandy’s shirt in The Open-Ended Nature of Unwitnessed Death is a messenger pigeon, and the episode’s all about trying to leave a message to someone.
Tandy’s shirt in The Spirit of St Lewis (the episode where Lewis dies) is birds flying out of a cage. Doves are sometimes released at funerals to symbolize the soul of the deceased being released. (I hate TSOSL, but I love that detail)
Then at the end of that episode Tandy’s wearing a sunset, because (what with Lewis being dead, Gail presumed dead and Melissa locked up) it’s arguably the group’s darkest hour. Except that you could also see it as a sunrise, meaning the opposite, and of course right before the credits Gail turns out to be Not Quite Dead.
Back to the sun again! In the series 3 finale, where everyone pours over maps to find a place to go and eventually decide to try Mexico, Tandy’s wearing a map marker with the sun inside it.
And finally, in the ending scene of Double Cheeseburger, where Tandy’s holding baby Mike, he’s wearing a t-shirt with planets on it. You can’t see it properly in the show, but it’s this one, the aptly named “You Are My Universe” tee –
An astronaut giving a gift to a girl.
hey you guys I was thinking, over the next week or two I might make some #reasonstowatchtlmoe gifsets, highlighting all the best aspects of the show!
it’s such a tiny and lovely fandom, I was wondering if anyone wanted to contribute any quotes to go under gifsets about any characters, ships etc, reasons why you love them!
- not a perfect show, especially season 1 (honestly just skip it) but REALLY trying
- great mix of apocalyptic seriousness and comedy
- makes you laugh one minute and sob like a baby the next
- mentally ill character whose mental illness isn’t treated as a joke
- fantastic production design
- lots of gross jokes about bodily fluids and such but very few (I can’t think of any?) jokes at the expense of any group
- has an interracial wlw couple, still a bit of a rarity on TV
- only 1 white man in a main cast of (currently) 7
- a show all about the importance of found-family and what makes a family
- as well as loss and grief and survival
- beautiful scenery and direction
- fantastic acting
- killed off the entire trump administration
#renewtlmoe: the best of jasper
#renewtlmoe: the best of lewis
#renewtlmoe: the best of mike
#renewtlmoe: the best of gail