hello everyone! after reading this post (because I also very much want B99 to be renewed too) I wonder if it’s worth emailing email@example.com with support for TLMOE.
Nothing fancy (and definitely nothing offensive/threatening) just a brief little note saying you enjoy the show and feel that they should renew it. Maybe something like-
Subject line: Renew Last Man on Earth
I have heard that renewal for The Last Man on Earth is currently under discussion and I am writing to pledge my support for it. I am a big fan of the show and I would love it if it got at least one more season to wrap the story up and provide a satisfying ending.
(And if you’re feeling up to it, you can mention specific things you like about the show too. Love Gail/Erica? Put that in there! And so on.)
don’t forget these other things you can do! And definitely don’t forget to watch the finale live on Sunday if you can!
- not a perfect show, especially season 1 (honestly just skip it) but REALLY trying
- great mix of apocalyptic seriousness and comedy
- makes you laugh one minute and sob like a baby the next
- mentally ill character whose mental illness isn’t treated as a joke
- fantastic production design
- lots of gross jokes about bodily fluids and such but very few (I can’t think of any?) jokes at the expense of any group
- has an interracial wlw couple, still a bit of a rarity on TV
- only 1 white man in a main cast of (currently) 7
- a show all about the importance of found-family and what makes a family
- as well as loss and grief and survival
- beautiful scenery and direction
- fantastic acting
- killed off the entire trump administration
#renewtlmoe: the best of jasper
#renewtlmoe: the best of pamela
Hi, fellow TLMOE fans! Okay:
The show MAY OR MAY NOT get a fourth series. Ratings are down, Will Forte has said he doesn’t know if the show will be renewed, it is CHAOS and (minor) BADNESS. So, I figured that since we won’t get a new episode until April 23rd, we could devote some of that time to pushing TLMOE just that tiny bit further up Fox’s ‘renew’ list.
So here’s some stuff you can do if you wanna!
- Send tweets to Fox and/or the official TLMOE twitter using the above hashtags!
- Make tons of edits! gifs! graphics! etc! I have no idea if Fox monitors activity on Tumblr but I figure it couldn’t hurt. I will 100% be doing this
- there’s a petition on MyTV to renew the show?
- send some of the actors some love with the above hashtags! Will Forte / Kristen Schaal / Mel Rodriguez / Cleopatra Coleman / Mary Steenburgen
- ARGUABLY THE BEST THING: watch the show on the official Fox website! (only applies to the USA alas.)
- Anything else you thought of that I didn’t
SIDE NOTE: Keith L Williams does not have a Twitter, thankfully, as he is a child, but should you take the tweeting-to-Fox option it may be worth sending him some praise as for the past couple days I’ve heard nothing but whining about how adding a kid to the cast is ruining the show and is SURE TO LEAD TO ITS CANCELLATION etc
TLMOE is such a good, absurd, optimistic-about-human-nature show, I really don’t wanna lose it. It has so much more to give!
Pass this along!
Update: actually Keith L Williams does have a Twitter! (It seems to be run by his parents/guardians however.) So do drop him a line if you can…
FURTHER UPDATE: You can watch the show on Hulu also!
And please do.
#renewtlmoe: the best of pat
#renewtlmoe: the best of mike
#renewtlmoe: the best of gail
#renewtlmoe: the best of todd