Of course, in this version of A Christmas Carol Jacob Rees-Mogg comes out of it thinking that the visions of poor children suffering are perfectly reasonable. He wakes up on Christmas Day, punches an orphan, and then is elected Prime Minister by a landslide.
(aaaah David Tennant’s Lord Commander is back! I thought he would be. David Tennant is just too good at playing evil)
Please PLEASE watch Final Space next year you guys! I can’t take another wonderful show cancelled before its time but so few people seem to watch it. It’s wonderful I promise!
Cloud 9’s floor manager (and her ne’er-do-well husband) may soon be getting a huge promotion. NBC is in early development on Bo & Cheyenne, a potential Superstore spinoff starring Nichole Sakura and Johnny Pemberton, Deadline reports. The offshoot, which hails from Superstore co-executive producers Bridget Kyle and Vicky Luu, would follow the titular couple as…Superstore Spinoff Bo & Cheyenne in Development at NBC — TVLine
I don’t HATE this news but neither do I love it. Bo is frankly only tolerable in small doses. And if they have to do a spin-off I’d have preferred one about Sandra. :/
You know “Gwoemul” as “The Host” but every time I bring it up under its Westernized title people think I’m talking about that Saoirse Ronan alien film that flopped. Gwoemul is my favourite EVER mutant sea creature movie and I’m so glad it never got a remake, unlike the American paddlefish and the Russian sturgeon.
Mostly from my sofa since it’s not like I can go anywhere.
Oh here’s a Gothita! Cool!
The rare outside and supermarket-dwelling Pokemon.
Also Team Rocket are here but I dunno how to effectively fight them alas. Well, nice to see them anyway.
In the comics at least. Oh, I’m under no illusion that this’ll make it into the movies but I can cling on to a fool’s hope I suppose. Currently Twitter is laughing that Chris Pratt, who attends an anti-LGBT church it turns out, has actually been playing a bisexual character for years.
I spent so long liking Chris Pratt it was a terrible blow when he turned out to be a dickhead. But I will always love Peter Quill, who would NEVER attend an anti-LGBT church, NEVER vote for Trump in a million years and now is canonically bi and polyamorous! Which frankly makes a lot more sense for his character than being straight does. Sorry, or alternatively “suck it,” Chris.
The Daily Mail in 2019: People worried about food shortages after Brexit are Leftist scaremongers.
The Daily Mail in 2020:
…Or that’s how it felt? Like my first thoughts weren’t “Wow a load of new toys!” but “How the hell am I meant to find time to watch THAT MUCH STUFF, especially if I want to keep up with the basic MCU story?” I’m getting old.
That being said…
- Marvel’s What If looks pretty good. It’ll be nice to see Yondu again.
- The I Am Groot shorts and the GOTG Holiday Special excite me, but since the Special is coming out in 2022 I guess that’s confirmation we won’t see GOTG 3 until 2023 at least. Also, how on Earth are they going to do it without Gamora, who is still AWOL in-canon? :/
- I guess the third MCU Spider-Man really will be a multiverse and I don’t know how to feel about that.
- Fantastic Four? In this economy?
- omg Xochitl Gomez (Dawn from The Babysitters Club) is playing America Chavez! I’m super unfamiliar with the character but she’s such a good young actress, I’m so happy for her!
- Oh a Buzz Lightyear thing! I guess that means Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (I used to love that show as a kid) isn’t canon anymore? That’s a shame. I am pettily delighted that Chris Evans has basically taken over from all-round asshole Tim Allen though.
- Honestly the news that T’Challa won’t be recast is kind of really saddening, to me at least. That means he as a character is dead in-universe, after cheating death a couple of times already. He was a great character even without the superheroics and now he’s just gone. I get it but man, how absolutely crushing.
- Oh wow a Tiana/Princess and the Frog show! Wow finally Disney are paying attention to her. It only took what, ten years after the movie?
- Obviously Hayden Christensen back as Anakin is the big exciting news!! for me, but the other Star Wars stuff looks good too. It’ll be nice to have a Lando show. (I was kind of hoping it’d be Old Lando looking for his daughter rather than Young Lando though.)
- I wonder if they can sneak Hayden into the new Ahsoka show as well.
Note that all these announcements happened around 1am my time.
Okay I spent some of today being unimpressed at Disney announcing ten Star Wars shows in one day, and I still am unimpressed to some extent (it’s obviously being done for money more than love on Disney’s part y’know?) but also I saw this-
HAYDEN!!! He’s gonna be in the Obi-Wan show! After all this time! God I’m THRILLED and not even the thundering hooves of the Disney corporation can take that from me. Not because of this show specifically but because after all the endless shite that was thrown at him he’s BACK!
MIGUEL IS OKAY!