rewatched the s2 finale recently and i been thinkin
Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey are playing Joel and Ellie in The Last of Us!
It’s kinda amusing to me that two of the most beloved characters from Game of Thrones have now ended up together on a (hopefully) better show. And I love how Pedro Pascal is now cornering the “gruff father figure who must escort a special child to somewhere” market.
Also in vaguely related news Gina Carano got fired from The Mandalorian after Disney finally had enough of her bullshit! Man Pascal is having A GOOD DAY today.
LUKE SKYWALKER in THE MANDALORIAN
THE MANDALORIAN Chapter 16: The Rescue
- This show makes Natalia Tena as far as I know the only person to appear in Star Wars, Harry Potter and Game of Thrones. I loved her character and I hope she comes back, she was a real standout for me.
- I was NOT spoiled for Richard Ayoade’s (voice) appearance! RICHARD AYOADE IS PART OF THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE!
- Oh man Kuiil, he was great, I didn’t want him to die. :(
- Dang Ming-Na Wen just does not age does she?
- I always hated the AT-STs, ever since I was a kid, and I hope Chapter 4 encourages everyone else to hate them too.
- I am SO THRILLED to have Termuera Morrison back! Now if only we can get Daniel Logan back too. (Y’know, for a flashback or something, or maybe even as another character. Just get him in there.)
- “…like my father before me” had me so dang happy.
- Oh the reference to Anakin! Ahsoka still loved him. ;_;
- So who exactly has been changing Grogu’s nappies all this time?
I’m… confused. 👀 👀
I did it! I have finally watched all there is so far of the Baby Yoda Show, aka The Mandalorian. Really I should have before, but when Disney + didn’t release in the UK I was all like “FINE, you don’t want me to watch your show? Then I won’t watch your show” and indeed did not watch the show for about a year even after giving in and getting Disney + once it finally came out. Also y’know life and work and life got in the way.
But hey The Mandalorian makes great Christmas viewing since it’s about a magical baby being protected, and it makes great 2020 viewing since it’s about a guy who never takes his mask off. I did know about Ahsoka and Boba appearing, and I was spoiled last-minute about Luke (sigh) but not much else. And I LOVED seeing them! Luke’s sudden arrival had me practically CHEERING, god I love Luke so much.
I am very behind on Star Wars lore, or what I will henceforth refer to as Manda-Lore-ian. I’m not completely sure who Bo-Katan is, for example, or how Boba Fett got out of the Sarlacc pit, or why Ahsoka is looking for Thrawn… but hey I can find out! And I still enjoyed it despite all that.
I have no idea how season three will go or if the show will even return to Grogu’s storyline (I assume that if they plan to show him training with Luke it will require more uncanny de-aging of Mark Hamill and who knows what dark forces Disney has harnessed to do that) but YES Disney I will watch it, just don’t pull any more bullshit okay?
I want a Grogu so bad, even if he did nearly wipe out an entire family of space lizards.