Important Big Hero 6 The Series infos from this article everyone needs to know:
- The characters are still true to the movie
- Fred’s dad will be a voice of wisdom for Fred AND Hiro (who thinks he’s not special because he doesn’t have a “power” like everyone)
- Spotlight episode on Fred
- Spotlight episode on Gogo and Honey Lemon (who, by the way, are actually ROOMMATES!!)
- Anyway, even if Hiro and Baymax are the center of the story, all the other characters will be explored as well!
- Aunt Cass is not confident into being a parent, is a “flawed caregiver”
(give me all the Aunt Cass angst)
- The creators have gone “crazy with him [Krei] compared to what he was in the movie”. In other words, Krei will be explored more and it might get interesting…
- The mish-mash of American and Japanese culture of San Fransokyo will be explored
- There will be a “mother-daughter 80’s themed dance crime team” called High Voltage and Katy Mixon voices a character. Probably explains where this girl comes from:
(oooooh man this is gonna be good i can feel it)
- SOME VILLAINS WILL BE COMEDIC, OTHERS WILL BE MORE SERIOUS AND THREATENING
(UH, HELL YEAH??)
- The show will be full of important life lessons and science is portrayed positevely
big hero 6
I wonder if Tadashi made Baymax with the intention of having more created. They’d be super helpful in hospitals, but they’d also be hilarious.
Imagine two of them trying to get around one another in a hospital hallway.
A post about Big Hero 6 that doesn’t make me cry, hallelujah.
this may be a weird question but uh, do you know of any characters with (preferably not the stereotypical make fun of type of) ocd? I’ve been very desperate to find some proper representation
It’s not weird at all!
A few notes before the list: I’m not too familiar with shows that have OCD rep, nor do I have OCD, so this list is made up of characters from things I haven’t read or watched, nor do I know if they portray OCD or OCPD. I’ve put information as best I could from what people have said about it.
And, of course, if anyone knows of any other characters please feel free to tell me or comment and I can add it in, or if you’re familiar with the character, please let me know if the rep was offensive or not.
- Adrian Monk – Monk (*Sometimes played off as jokes, but mc with OCD who’s shown as brilliant and a wonderful detective)
- Anarchist/Tike Alicar (Earth-616) – X-Men comics (*Unsure which versions he shows up in, but this link may help as it has footnotes which includes some of the comics he’s in).
- Bea – OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu (Found from this list)
- Ellie Bishop – NCIS (*Non explicit)
- Emma Pillsbury – Glee (*I recall some jokes but also Emma’s distress about having OCD, moreso as the show went on. However this is Glee, so the rep may not have been ideal)
- Joseph Chandler – Whitechapel (*Main character, OCD was shown as a serious illness that impacts his life/job and is not joked about)
- Kevin Casey – Scrubs (*I recall that this showed how it negatively affected his life and job, but I believe he was only in 2-3 episodes)
- Monica Geller – Friends (*I recall there being jokes about this)
- Randall Brown – The Hour (BBC) (*Not played for laughs)
- Riddler – DC Comics (*Multiple versions, disorder seems to be related to his obsession with riddles)
- Sheldon Cooper – The Big Bang Theory (*Often played off as a joke at Sheldon’s expense)
Ooh I just thought of someone else: possibly/probably Wasabi from Big Hero 6? It’s not outright said that he has it, but I recognise some of his behaviours… (putting things in their proper places, getting anxious if certain rules aren’t followed.)
I basically spent the entire afternoon and night teaching myself how to work Illustrator. I’ve had this idea for a graphic in mind for a while now and I finally have the software to make it so yay~
I want a Baymax plushie, can that be a thing?
First Look To The Big Hero 6 Series Coming to Disney XD This 2017!
Reprising their roles are: Maya Rudolph as Aunt Cass; Jamie Chung as no-nonsense, speed genius, Go Go; Scott Adsit as huggable robot, Baymax; Alan Tudyk as tech guru, Alistair Krei; Ryan Potter as tech genius, Hiro; Genesis Rodriguez as quirky scientist, Honey Lemon; David Shaughnessy as the butler, Heathcliff; and Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee as Fred’s dad.
Also joining the main voice cast are Khary Payton (The Lion Guard) as control freak Wasabi and Brooks Wheelan (Saturday Night Live) as fanboy Fred.
The series picks up immediately following the events of the feature film and continues the adventures and friendship of 14-year-old tech genius Hiro and his compassionate, cutting-edge robot Baymax. Along with their friends Wasabi, Honey Lemon, Go Go and Fred, they form the legendary superhero team Big Hero 6 and embark on high-tech adventures as they protect their city from an array of scientifically enhanced villains. In his normal day-to-day life, Hiro faces daunting academic challenges and social trials as the new prodigy at San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.
Additional guest cast includes: Jenifer Lewis (black-ish) as strict Professor Granville; Andrew Scott (Sherlock) as villain Obake; comedian Andy Richter as Globby; Diedrich Bader (American Housewife) as Bluff Dunder; Susan Sullivan (Castle) as Fred’s mother; Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) as Richardson Mole; John Ross Bowie (Speechless) as Mel; and Haley Tju (Bella and the Bulldogs) as classmate Karmi.
Walt Disney Animation Studio’s 2014 Oscar-winning feature Big Hero 6 grossed over $657 million worldwide at the box office to become the biggest animated film of the year. In addition to winning the Best Animated Picture Oscar, it was nominated for Golden Globe, Critics Choice and BAFTA awards, and was the recipient of five Visual Effects Society Awards, the most ever for an animated feature, as well as a Cinema Audio Society Award and a Kids’ Choice Award for Favorite Animated Movie.
Kim Possible creators Mark McCorkle, Bob Schooley and Nick Filippi serve as executive producers for the series. Filippi also serves as supervising director. Big Hero 6 is a production of Disney Television Animation. It’s slated to premiere in 2017.
On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your pain?
Bless this news. This morning, we received word that an animated Big Hero 6 television series will premiere on Disney XD in 2017!