Over the weekend I tried REALLY hard to do a successful acrylic pour on canvas. I tried over and over and wasted half the day (and loads of paint). While 100% on the verge of giving up I tried one more time:
Out of the unholy mess I made came something I actually like!
I think it looks a little bit like a lake from above.
I’ve been trying acrylic pouring recently. So far there’s been more disasters than successes. The only two pieces I’ve made that I’m happy with are this one,
which I gave to a friend and this one-
which wasn’t good at all until I threw gold stuff all over it, and now it’s hanging up in the bathroom.
But the good thing about acrylic pouring is that no matter what goes on the canvas you at least get a nice pattern of paint you can peel off of what your canvas was sitting on and use for something else. So that’s what I decided to do. I took a bunch of acrylic “skins” and cut them up and put ’em in resin! That’s how I got this…
It’s a colourful little Darth Vader! Didn’t expect him to come out this well at all.
There’s a few air bubble holes but they can be fixed!