Maybe if you want to ugly cry a little bit because you need a reminder that people are still good check out this Twitter thread about the many people who helped support the Thai cave rescue. They didn’t go in and get the kids out themselves, but it would not have been possible without their help. These people include:
- farmers who allowed their rice fields to be flooded so they could pump water out of the cave (and the water pumpers who will stay until they pump the water back out)
- people who came just to cook food for the rescue camp, including the noodle vendors who pushed their cart up a steep, muddy road
- masseuses for the rescuers
- Sophia Thainant, leader of the Muslim women cave volunteers, who sourced and cooked halal food for the Muslim rescuers
- the birds nest collectors (who came north on one-way tickets donated by their villages), who climbed into the caves and heard knocking
And last but not least, Saman Gunan, the ex-Thai Navy SEAL who died delivering oxygen tanks to the boys.