British Muslim teacher was denied entry to the US: “It made me feel like a criminal.”
- On Feb. 16, a 25-year-old British Muslim teacher from Wales was denied entry to New York City before the wheels of the plane even left ground, Time reported.
- Juhel Miah was in Reykjavik, Iceland, with fellow teachers and schoolchildren for a class trip.
- When the group checked in, Miah was told he was selected for a “random security check” and taken into another room for a screening.
- Miah was cleared to board the flight, but then security officials removed him from the plane.
- His luggage was taken from him and he was sent to a “horrendous hotel” until school officials booked a flight for him back to the United Kingdom.
- There has been no clear explanation as to why Miah was removed from the plane and denied entry to the U.S. Miah only has British citizenship. Read more (2/21/17 11:19 AM)