A Step-by-Step Rotoscope Guide with not-an-animator cakeis !
Step 1: Find a gif
Remember to ask for permission if using someone’s edit
You can always extract scenes from youtube etc with sites like:
Step 2: Extract Frames
- Go to www.gifmaker.me/exploder
- Upload gif, download, unzip, preview images, select your frames
- Go to Step 4: upload selected frames to test if animation is smooth
- If no, select more or different frames. If okay, Transfer the selected frames to one photoshop file or any program that supports layers.
Step 3: Trace!
- Trace each Base frame on a new transparent layer.
- Keep consistent with each new tracing for a nicer flow
- Go to Step 4 with every few new traced layer to check for flaws.
- Watch your gif grow!
Step 4: Save as gif