Unarmed black teenager James Means fatally shot by white man who called him “another piece of trash”
- On Monday night, 15-year-old James Means was reportedly shot and killed by a man he “bumped into” outside of a Dollar General store in Charleston, West Virginia.
- Means, a black teenager, was said to be unarmed.
- That same night, police arrested William Pulliam, 62, in connection with the shooting. Pulliam had gone to dinner after the shooting.
- Pulliam was white and carrying a gun, despite no permit to own a firearm due to a previous conviction for domestic violence
- Pulliam reportedly “admitted” to fatally shooting Means, telling police, “The way I look at it, that’s another piece of trash off the street.”
- A GoFundMe has been set up for Means’ funeral
- Pulliam, whose criminal history includes physical abuse of his wife and daughter, has a history of harassing teens in the area.