All the Doctor Who Lockdown episodes have been good, and many of them have been important to the overall fabric of the show, but this is the most important one.
It fills in the gaps in Bill’s story! And confirms that she ended up living as a human rather than a god. I admit I don’t love how Bill/Heather is presented here, having fallen hard for that ship a while back. Bill’s memories of the relationship don’t seem terribly healthy. But the important thing is, she’s happy.
“I think I love everyone I know,” is such a wonderful Bill line. It may be my favorite of hers, now.
Here’s the links this minisode was released with (picked out by Pearl Mackie:)
1) The BLACK LIVES MATTER movement in the UK. Donate here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund
2) THE BLACK CURRICULUM, which aims to get accurate Black history on the curriculum in the UK as soon as next year. Support this initative by donating here: https://www.theblackcurriculum.com/do…
3) CAMPAIGN ZERO in the US, which has a brilliant, clear strategy called ‘8cantwait’ consisting of 8 policies which will, if passed, decrease police violence by 72%. Donate via their homepage here: https://www.joincampaignzero.org/
4) BLACK VISIONS COLLECTIVE, a black, LGBTQ+ led organisation that is committed to dismantling systems of oppression and violence and shifting the public narrative to create long-term change. Donate via their homepage here: https://www.blackvisionsmn.org/
5) And finally, the BLACK LIVES MATTER fund in the US. Donate here: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ms_…