It came out almost a year ago but I finally got to see Doom Patrol! It was… how to even describe it? DC does Deadpool? Justice League via the most batshit insane fever dream you’ve ever had? I got nothin’.
But the CAST! My god the cast! It’s so good to see Brendan Fraser again and he looks like he’s having the time of his life, I’m so glad. And Cyborg, that’s Joivan Wade from Doctor Who!
But Diane Guerrero oh wow! She did not have to Go That Hard, as the kids say. She was amazing playing several very different and usually terrifying people (sometimes in the same scene even.) WHAT A PERFORMANCE, damn.
If you are interested in watching actors kill it in the most ridiculous of scenes please watch this show! Also watch it if you are interested in any of the following:
- fourth-wall breaking
- musical numbers
- Matt Bomer, specifically, doing musical numbers
- friendly sentient streets
- Alan Tudyk wearing the most amazingly terrifying grin I have ever seen on TV outside of political broadcasts
- a person with a dinosaur for a second head
- a person with a dinosaur for a second head who wears a mask over both heads when robbing a store
- Timothy Dalton
- tortured parent-child relationships
- the weirdest damn sex scenes you can possibly imagine
- Brendan Fraser as a robot wrestling a massive alligator while you cry tears of heart-wrenching sorrow