Tagged by @szyszkasosnowa!
Rules: In a text post, list 10 books that have stayed with you in
some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard – they
don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have
touched you. Tag 10 friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make
sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them!
1. Maus by Art Speigelman. Honestly…everyone on the face of the planet should read this book.
2. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. Well, you’ve seen this blog
3. The Return of the Jedi novelization by James Kahn, my first introduction to Star Wars
4. Holes by Louis Sachar, just an amazing book (that got made into an amazing movie)
5. Carrie by Stephen King, it awakens dark things in me
6. Johnny and the Dead by Terry Pratchett. Terry Pratchett’s non-Discworld books don’t get enough love, but they’re wonderful
7. Watchmen by Alan Moore. Don’t watch the movie, read the book
8. Atonement by Ian McEwan. Home to Briony Tallis, one of my favourite fictional characters ever
9. The Case-book of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. I love Holmes and Watson. Sherlock doesn’t do them anywhere near justice
10. Watership Down by Richard Adams, my favourite childhood book. They’re making a new adaptation! John Boyega’s gonna be in it!